Research from the past holiday selling season showed 77 percent of retailers planned to invest in targeted customer acquisition strategies. While customers are demanding and expecting more relevant and contextual offers from merchants, the reality is many brands still struggle with the ability to mine their mountains of data to understand the characteristics of their best customers.
This presentation will look at how leading brands are gaining a competitive edge by optimizing customer acquisition campaigns with more relevant, targeted promotions and offers. The session will explore the potential using advanced data science to:
- Enrich the first-party data retailers have on existing customers with third-party data on unknown segments that show similar purchase behaviors;
- Identify cross-category purchasing patterns;
- Tap into rich sets of demographic, geographic and interest attributes to find profile-linked transaction-level sales data;
- Analyze customer data on promotional response, and omnichannel interactions across various touch points, and
- Apply predictive and prescriptive analytics to data to explore “what if” analysis and find the customer segments most likely to convert.